Wednesday 5 June 2013

My Daughter's 2nd Birthday Cakes! - Dora and Dora! (2010)

My daughter loves Dora so for her 2nd birthday I decided to make her a Dora cake.  I had planned on using my cricut and some of the SVG files I had created but in then end went in a completely different direction!

I decided to make a cake in the shape of Dora's head .... wasn't sure it would be 'enough' cake for all the guests so planned on putting it on top of a sheet cake.  When I finally made the 2 cakes I was concerend that the sheet cake would not hold the weight of the top layer and didn't want to add dowels so decided at the last minute to make them as 2 seperate cakes... that's what happens when I go with the flow and things don't work out at the last minute - I make more work for myself than necessary!  :)

In the end it all worked out and everyone loved the cakes.

Dora's head was devil's chocolate cake with whipped ganache filling and icing, then covered in hand cut fondant.  The sheet cake is white cake with oreo buttercream filling.  forgot to color the icing yellow so ended up air brushing it... then added another Dora face to it to match the first cake.

My daughter loved them!



No comments:

Post a Comment